Current research projects
- Subjectivity Analysis in the Reported Speech (Arabic and French).
- Media treatment of autism in the United Arab Emirates.
Conferences and workshops
- Organization of the workshop: "The Heritage of popular expressions: from one language to another", Paris-Sorbonne University, Abu Dhabi, 15/12/2015 [brochure & details].
- Co-Supervisor of Master research student
Student: Nassab Kassem
Affiliation: Lebanese University, Beirut, Lebanon
Director: Prof. Ghassan Mourad
Subject: Automatic identification of "Results" in Arabic scientific papers.
- Technical support for two master's thesis at Paris-Sorbonne University - LaLIC
Évaluation du point de vue de la « rencontre » entre entités dans le cadre d’un Système de Recherched’Information, A. Franchi, 2008.
Extraction automatique et intégration de textes dans la plateforme EXCOM, M. Boubakir, 2009.
- Reviewer for Ain Shams Engineering Journal (ASEJ), Elsevier. ISSN: 2090-4479, 2017.
- Reviewer for MEDES'16, the International ACM Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems (Special Track on Computational Intelligence), France, 2016.
- Reviewer for the International FLAIRS conference, Semantic, Logics, and Information Extraction in AI (Special track), Key Largo, Florida, 2016.
- Reviewer for MEDES'14, the International ACM Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems (Special Track on Computational Intelligence), Saudi Arabia, 2014.
- Reviewer for ICITeS'2011 - International Conference on Information Technology ande-Services, Tunisia, 2011.
- Reviewer for the International LREC conference, Language Resources and Human Language Technologies forSemitic Languages (Workshop), Malta 2010.
Talks and seminars
- Participant at the workshop of the Labex OBVIL, Paris-Sorbonne University, June 2016, Paris, France.
Title: "Corpus de l’OBVIL: Lecture guidée par les annotations sémantiques", [slides]
- Participant at the workshop: "The Heritage of popular expressions: from one language to another", Paris-Sorbonne University, Abu Dhabi, 15/12/2015 [brochure & details]
Title: Translation of Emirati proverbs from Arabic to French.
- Participant at the workshop of the Labex OBVIL, Paris-Sorbonne University, April 2015, Paris, France.
Title: "Premiers résultats d’analyse des modalités rapportées dans le corpus “Critique” de l’équipe OBVIL", [slides]
- Invited speaker at the International FLAIRS conference, Semantic, Logics, and Information Extraction in AI (Special track), Pensacola, Florida, 2014.
Title: "A subjectivity analysis tool for the reported speech".
Invited researcher at Cognition and Text Laboratory, Hankuk University of - Foreign Studies, Seoul, South Korea, through the project PHC STAR, funded by the EGIDE association.
Supervised by Prof. PAK Shihyeon. Subject: Semantic annotation and automatic summarization tools. Dates: Dec. 2008 and Dec. 2010.
- Invited researcher at LANCI laboratory – University of Québec, Montréal, Canada.
Supervised by Prof. Jean-Guy Meunier. Subject: Assistance tool for expert reading. Date: 10th to 31st May 2009.
Panel member and invited talk at the international Conference "2ème Colloque International en Traductologie et TAL", Oran, Algeria.
Organized by Prof. F. Bouhadiba (Oran University, Algeria) and Prof. S. Carday (Centre TAL, Lucien Tesnière, France). Subject: Opinion analysis in the reported speech in Arabic. Date: 7th and 8th of June 2008.
- Internships at the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Sciences Information (ENSSIB), Lyon, France.
Supervised by Prof. Mohamed Hassoun (ENSSIB) and Prof. Joseph Dichy (Univ. of Lyon II). Subject: Using the Arabic electronic database (DIINAR) and the Arabic concordancer (AraConc). Date: May and June 2005.
Participant at the workshops of the University of Lyon II and ENSSIB through - scientific research programs supported by the "Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie".
Supervised by Prof. Joseph Dichy (Univ. of Lyon II) and Prof. Mohamed Hassoun (ENSSIB). Subject: Automatic Processing of Arabic and French Languages. Dates: 24th and 25th of April, 2007 ; 4th and 5th of April, 2008 ; 9th and 10th of Jan., 2009 ; 26th and 27th of March, 2010
Last update: Nov..
© 2012 CSS3_B&W2. All Rights Reserved. | design from css3templates.co.uk